In every home you can find the flour, salt and water. These components will allow you to cook a great dough for sculpting jewelry, various Souvenirs and toys. This method of DIY turns a family leisure in an interesting hobby.
Salt dough for sculpting recipe
The ingredients that you will need
- – Wheat flour. Want to choose the conventional, as DIY with the pancake or flour with additives just crack.
- Sol. Best suited salt “Ekstra”.
- – Water. She must be cold.
- – Starch potatoes. This ingredient will increase the plasticity of.
- Glue. You can use Wallpaper glue or PVA
What tools you will need
In principle you can do without additional tools. But if you want to do this professionally, you will need:
- knife, cutting Board, rocking chair.
- rubber spatula, just a pencil, a ruler.
- – towel (to dry hands after washing)
- – you can use cookie cutters.. depends on what you want to get in the end.
So, how to make dough for sculpting?
Recipes for modeling dough
Don’t forget, salt and flour different in size, so comparing 1 container of salt in two containers of flour – this will be 1 to 1 by weight.
A classic recipe
This standard recipe. This option is quite suitable for beginners and masters of any age.
- – flour – 300 g;
- – salt – 300 g;
- – water – 200 ml.
Material for sculpting turns out quite a lot. If you do not plan large amounts of DIY, can use in 2 times less than necessary ingredients.
You want to do a major hack, for example the statue? This recipe will keep her in shape and will strengthen.
- – flour – 200 g;
- – salt – 400 g;
- – water – 125 ml.
The dough is better to use for those who already have experience sculpting with salt dough and a lot of will power. The material is rough and there is a possibility that you can throw things halfway.
This recipe is needed for the thinning work.
- – flour – 300 g;
- – salt – 200 g;
- – glycerin – 4 tbsp;
- – Wallpaper paste – 2 tbsp;
- – water is 125-150 ml.
Glycerin is sold in a drugstore brand. With him it is easy enough to achieve smooth structure.
How to knead salt dough
It is best to knead in the bowl a little deeper as long as you do not specify one big lump and continue to namesevice on the workspace.
First is worth to add salt. then the water, once dissolved the salt just to add a little flour. Constantly stir and we pour a flour. If you doubted the plasticity of the resulting material, you can add a little soda. If there is not enough hardness, you must add more flour and salt in accordance with the proportions.
Ready, salt the dough should be soft, dense, elastic. It should not stick and crumble in his hands. If you want to cook a colored dough, add a little dye, the color should be homogeneous.
Paint the dough after molding and before adding food dye. For this it is necessary to dissolve in water. You can use natural dyes: beet juice, you can even use a carrot… And the final touches can be applied with gouache.
The finished dough must be wrapped in foil and put in the fridge for a couple of hours. Keep the dough you about a month. For a fresh DIY better to cook fresh pasta.
In advance you can prepare the sketch by drawing it with a pencil on the foil. Then gently viklasti figure. The finished product is dried under a lamp or just in the room, and can be baked in the oven. Paint if necessary, in the desired color.3
The secrets of experienced craftsmen
1. Instead of water you can cook jelly. You need to do this, 1 tablespoon of starch and 1 Cup water. Dissolve starch in water and put it on the fire until thick and transparent sweep.
2. With color mixing you can get additional.
3. Before painting the finished figures, it can be covered with nail Polish or enamel. So the colors will be much brighter.