Chocolate sorbet is the perfect dessert with low fat and high quality taste. It requires simple ingredients, easy to prepare and has a unique taste. This is a great ice cream recipe for those with allergies to lactose.
Low calorie chocolate dessert
So if you want dessert with minimal calories, this is the dish you should cook!
The ingredients needed for the chocolate sorbet:
- -200 g sugar (can use castor sugar)
- -75 grams of cocoa powder of the highest quality, preferably unsweetened or Dutch company Pernigotti
- -170 grams finely chopped semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- -One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- -Two cups of water
- -A pinch of salt (can be kosher)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes + cooling and freezing
Servings: 6 people serving size 2/3 Cup
- -Mix cocoa powder and sugar in a bowl
- -Boil water in a large saucepan.
- -Whisk the sugar and cocoa powder in boiling water. Repeat until a homogeneous paste.
- -Boil these ingredients over a slow fire without a lid for about 5 minutes.
- -Remove the pan. Mix the vanilla extract and chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Let it cool to room temperature.
- -Place the mixture in a blender and mix for 15 seconds.
How to freeze chocolate sorbet?
- -The mixture should be stored in the refrigerator for several hours to chill.
- -Place it in the ice and follow the manufacturer’s instructions to freeze.
- -You can also pour the mixture into a metal or plastic container
- -Wait until the mixture will freeze to 3 inches from the edges of the container.
- -Whisk again to soften the mixture. Then leave in the fridge for about one hour. You can repeat this procedure for the best consistency. After leave overnight.
Special tips to make the sorbet even more delicious:
- -Always use a fine powder quality cocoa. It will noticeably improve the taste.
- -It is preferable to use a large pot.
- -Store the sorbet in the refrigerator before filing on the table.
- -You can change the amount of sugar according to your taste or use a sugar substitute.
- -You can also substitute sugar ¾ Cup natural honey.
Food value of portions of chocolate sorbet:
- 253 calories
- 25% of calories from fat
- 5 grams of saturated fat
- 7 grams of total fat
- 1.2 grams of monounsaturated fat
- 0.1 g polysaturated fats
- 2.4 grams of protein
- 52 grams of carbs
- 3.4 g of fiber
- 42 grams of sugar
- 1.4 mg iron
- 10 mg calcium
This is a wonderful recipe that is easy to prepare!
Have you ever tried chocolate sorbet? What was it like? Let us know in the comments below!