According to experts, one in six women die from coronary heart disease, aged 50 to 64 years to find a woman with a normal cholesterol level is almost impossible.
5 SIMPLE TIPS FOR HEART HEALTH
- Drink plenty of cranberry juice. Three glasses of cranberry juice a day may reduce the risk of heart disease by 40%. Juice increases the level of good cholesterol and antioxidants.
- Snack on walnuts. Walnuts contain a lot of alpha-linolenic acid, which makes the arteries more elastic, allowing them to expand and increase blood flow depending on the needs of the body. In clinical trials, researchers found that adding walnuts to the diet of patients increased the elasticity of arteries by 64%.
- Eat well cooked corn. The longer corn is cooked, the better for you. Scientists have discovered that cooking corn increases the content of antioxidants that protect the body from cardiovascular diseases. The level of antioxidants increases by 22% if the corn boil for 10 minutes, but after 50 minutes of cooking antioxidant levels increased by 53%.
- Eat South the fruit. Persimmon can significantly reduce the risk of heart disease. It contains a lot of fiber, minerals and phenolic compounds, important constituents of the atherosclerosis (narrowing of vessels). It was also proven that it improves the lipid metabolism, due to which our body copes with fat.
- Drink more tea. The tea helps even those people who have suffered a heart attack. The study showed that over the next three and a half years after the attack in chemanol who drink more than 14 cups per week, the mortality rate is 44% lower than those not drinking tea.
VITAMINS AND MINERALS
Daily consumption of vitamins helps to maintain the health of your heart. Pay special attention to:
- Magnesium and potassium. Quite common – lack of magnesium and potassium in the body, and this leads to arrhythmia. So try to eat foods and take vitamins containing these nutrients.
- Vitamin C. If cholesterol deposits in the blood vessels have already appeared, they increased by forty-four per cent every year. But still there is a vitamin that can significantly slow down the process. U.S. researchers found that active use of vitamin C for more than six months stops further contraction of the blood vessels.
- Arginine is an amino acid discovered in meat, dairy products, chicken and fish significantly reduces the level of harmful cholesterol. The complex vitamins it is designated as L-arginine.
- Hawthorn helps to regulate and high and low pressure. It contains the active element proanthocyanidin, which have been used for centuries to prevent diseases that weaken the heart. It is also believed that hawthorn reverses the process of narrowing of the blood vessels reversed.
- Known for its beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system garlic. It thins the blood, reduces level of cholesterol in the blood and regulates blood pressure. It is recommended to eat two cloves a day.
- Beneficial effects have also dandelion leaves (they are rich in potassium, iron and antioxidant vitamins). Add them to salads or brew as a tea. Dandelion helps the body fight bad cholesterol, lowers blood pressure.
DID YOU KNOW?
A recent study by American scientists showed that the “Guinness” mark (black beer) may reduce the risk of cholesterol plaques. The fact that it contains a lot of flavonoids – powerful antioxidants which help fight the buildup of fatty deposits in the arteries.