Plank is one of the most effective and popular exercises. The main advantage is that during the run of the bar work all the major muscles, but training takes just minutes. If every morning you will find 10 minutes to perform although some of these types of straps, you can forget about flabby muscles forever!
Our expert: Julia Malanchuk, senior trainer guiding the group programs of the Federal network of fitness clubs X-Fit.
1. Classic strap. Get down on the floor, place your elbows shoulder-width apart, feet on the width of the pelvis. Tense your abdominal muscles, pushes away the elbows from the floor and not hang on them to avoid deflection in the lower back. Ensure that from head to toe the body was put in one line. Hold this position until you feel tension in the lower back (but preferably not less than 30 sec). This exercise can be simplified, standing in the emphasis is not on elbows but on hands.
2. Strap on one leg. On the exhale, pull your right knee to your chest, while trying to maintain the position of the body stationary and not fall on the supporting leg. Inhaling, return the foot to its original position. Perform 10-15 reps per side, alternating right and left foot.
3. Plank on straight arms. Starting position – plank, focus on palm. Keep the tension of the abdominal muscles, avoid a SAG in the lower back.
4. Strap with emphasis on the toe. Starting position – plank position palms. Exhaling, raise your right leg (about 15-20 cm above the floor), maintaining the position of pelvis and body. The abdominal muscles must be in tension. Hold this position for 5-10 seconds, then with an inhalation, return leg to starting position and repeat on the other side. Perform 7-10 reps on each leg. To complicate exercises can use a the emphasis on elbows, not hands.
5. The side plank. Starting position – plank position palms. On the exhale, raise your right hand and expand the shoulders. Hold this position for a few seconds, keeping the abdominal muscles and tension. Then return hand to floor and repeat on the other side. Perform 10-15 reps on each side.
6. A more complex variant of the previous exercise. After you have completed the turn the body and raise the same leg. Hold for a few seconds, holding the balance. Do not lower the pelvis down, keep tension in the obliques.
7. Plank with dumbbells. Option trims with additional equipment – dumbbells. Starting position – standing focus on dumbbells (ensure that the brush wouldn’t fall inside). For this exercise, dumbbells are only suitable with face, not round!
8. Plank with weights. On the exhale, pull one dumbbell to your chest, keeping the shoulders stable and motionless, not sit on the support arm. Follow the movement of the muscles of the back, try to feel the tension in the blades. On the inhale, lower the dumbbells to the floor, then repeat on the other side. Perform 10 – 15 repetitions on each side.
9. The complexity of the previous exercise. Once you have pulled the dumbbell to your chest, straighten your arm, hold the elbow in place. This will further load the triceps.
10-11. Plank with the ball. The option of using medical ball (medicine balls). Strap can be run using unstable supports – this will allow you to load the abdominal muscles stronger to use of deep muscle stabilizers. Starting position – the same, only the hands placed on the floor, but on the ball.
You can just hold this position, you can add footwork (knees to goody, do leg lifts).
12-13. Option with fitball. Starting position – the emphasis elbows on fitball. The easiest option – hold position.
You can also add move your legs forward or up (10-15 reps on each leg).
14-15. Super plank on a fitball. Starting position – hands on floor, shins on the fitball.
Keeping the shoulders over the palms, on the exhale pull the ball down to himself, bending his knees. On the inhale return to starting position. Avoid deflection in the lower back, keep the constant tension of the abdominal muscles. 15-20 repetitions.
16. A more complex variant of the previous exercises – locking the shoulders over the palms, on the exhale, pull the ball straight legs, lifting the pelvis up. 15-20 repetitions.
17. Starting position – hands on floor, shins on the fitball. While holding the casing stationary, lift on exhale right foot, inhale, lower on the ball. 10-15 repetitions on each side.
18. Plank face up. This exercise allows more load to the muscles of the back of the thigh and buttocks. The ankles, knees, pelvis and shoulders should be on one line, not get out of the pelvis down during the exercise. Build hands from the floor, craning his neck pinch neck shoulders. Hold this position for 30-60 sec.
19. Standing in the bar face up, on the exhale lift right leg, keeping your pelvis stationary, then repeat with the other leg. Eliminate the transfer of the center of gravity from one side to the other. Repeat 10-15 times on each leg.
20-21. Strap using a foam roll. Starting position – the emphasis on palms, shins on the roll.
While holding the casing stationary, locking the shoulders over the palms, exhale, pull your knees (and roll) to your chest, inhaling return to starting position. Follow the lack of deflection in the lower back. 15-20 repetitions.
22-23-24. Strap face up with the roll. Starting position – hands on floor, shins on the roll.
Exhale to lower the pelvis down, tightening the roll to yourself.
Inhaling, straighten up, return to starting position. 15-20 repetitions.